MLA Humanities Commons
Revision as of 19:06, 3 April 2019 by Terrainsvagues
Humanities Commons is a nonprofit digital commons that allows users to build public or private Wordpress websites and discussion forums for course discussion, personal academic websites, and public academic resources. It also provides an open access repository for sharing research, syllabi, and other materials.
Public or private course websites
- English course 6560 taught by Amelia Chesley at Northwestern State.
- The Medieval Book course taught by Marc Saurette at Carleton University.
Sharing and browsing syllabi
- See their open access repository of syllabi here: https://hcommons.org/deposits/?facets[genre_facet]=Syllabus
How to use it
- Learning management systems
- Chapter on using blogs for student writing in the MLA Digital Pedagogy for Humanities by Diane K. Jakacki.
- Interview in Scholarly Kitchen with MLA Humanities Commons founder Kathleen Fitzpatrick.