Revision as of 05:48, 26 January 2019 by (Added open questions)
Ethical EdTech is a collaborative wiki of software for ethical pedagogy. Much of what passes for educational technology is designed for purposes of profit-seeking, surveillance of students, and user lock-in. Other kinds of technology exist, but they typically lack the marketing and sales budgets of competing vendors. This is a directory, made by and for higher-ed educators, for sharing tools and use-cases.
Criteria for inclusion
At this stage of the process, we have yet to define explicit criteria for inclusion or exclusion in this directory. We know it when we see it, for now at least.
- Just education or also research?
- We’re thinking education focus, with research as part of that
- How can we organize educators to help strengthen these platforms?
- What organizations might be interested in supporting this work?
- What forms of publication would advance our goals?
- How do we define our list of standards and goals?
- What tool should we use to organize this wiki?
- What projects might emerge from this documentation effort?
- A package mixing VPS/Cloudron/etc. to make it easier for educators to deploy these tools
- A campaign encouraging campuses to better support open as opposed to proprietary tools