Revision as of 22:38, 6 February 2019 by (Created page with "This is a collaborative wiki. We invite anyone who is interested to create an account and pitch in. Below are some notes where we keep track of needs...")
This is a collaborative wiki. We invite anyone who is interested to create an account and pitch in. Below are some notes where we keep track of needs and plans.
Be sure to consult the About page for inclusion criteria and more on the spirit of the project.
Tools to be added
- Page template for new page creation
- Omeka:Platform for sharing digital collections and creating media-rich online exhibits. Developed at George Mason University.
- Neatline: Platform for allowing students and scholars to tell stories with maps and timelines. Developed for Omeka.
Word processing/text editing
- Etherpad: Realtime, collaborative online text editor.
- CodiMD: Realtime, collaborative online text editor in markdown. FLOSS version of HackMD.
- Jupyter Notebook: Web application for creating and sharing documents with interactive code.
- Bak USA Atlas - education laptop made in Buffalo
- Raspberry Pi
- Used stuff
Not categorized yet
- Open Science Foundation
- Voyant: Browser based tool for text mining. Great for beginners.
- How can we organize educators to help strengthen these platforms?
- What organizations might be interested in supporting this work?
- What forms of publication would advance our goals?
- How do we define our list of standards and goals?
- What projects might emerge from this documentation effort?
- A campaign encouraging campuses to better support open as opposed to proprietary tools
- A package mixing VPS/Cloudron/etc. to make it easier for educators to deploy these tools
- Custom Design
- Need a logo and color scheme
- set a maximum width for content and header bar