Edit-a-Thon (May 8, 2019)
Revision as of 22:06, 3 May 2019 by Erinroseglass
Next Edit-a-Thon: May 8, 2019, 10 am-12 pm Pacific Time (find your timezone) will have a twitter chat focus.
Tweet about #EthicalEdTech while adding tools and building the platform!
- Twitter hashtag: #EthicalEdTech
- Video chat introduction (10-10:30am Pacific Time) via Jitsi
- Twitter chat via @EthicalEdTech account (10-11am Pacific)
- Wiki edit-a-thon (11am-noon Pacific Time) coordinated with live chat: chat.ethicaledtech.info (no account registration required)
If you can make it, edit this section and add your name below. (You'll need to log in or create an account first. Check your spam folder if you don't receive an account confirmation.) Be sure to let us know how you'll be participating.
Twitter Chat questions
1hr twitter chat 6 questions + 1 sign off tweet at 10min intervals
- Welcome to the #EthicalEdTech twitter chat! For the next sixty minutes, we'll be discussing different types of ethical issues in #EdTech to help shape the #EthicalEdTech wiki. Introduce yourself and tell us about when you first realized there were ethical concerns in #EdTech.
- What issues in #EdTech do you find most ethically concerning? And what #EthicalEdTech issues do you think need more attention?
- What challenges do you face in trying to use #EdTech ethically? #EthicalEdTech
- What are some of the ways you respond to ethical issues in #EdTech in your teaching, research, or advocacy? #EthicalEdTech
- Help us build our #EthicalEdTech syllabus! What resources do you find useful for learning about and responding to ethical issues in #EdTech? (Feel free to name twitter accounts, organizations, tools, research articles, blogs, etc.) #EthicalEdtech
- What kind of resources, projects, and collaborations would be useful for you in navigating the #EthicalEdTech landscape? How can we make #EdTech more ethical?
- Thank you for participating in the #EthicalEdTech twitter chat! We'll be spending the next sixty minutes co-editing the #EthicalEdTech wiki (http://ethicaledtech.info) -- feel free to join us! Or stay in touch by joining the #EthicalEdTech listserv (https://lists.colorado.edu/sympa/info/ethicaledtech).