Known is an open publishing / community platform project. It aims to be a simple, beautiful way to share your story using a variety of media from any device. It adheres to the IndieWeb technologies and principles. Known aims to be easy to install, use and customize. It adheres to IndieWeb technologies and principles. Known is transitioning from a private business entity to a business run as an open collective. Known users are encouraged to donate and support the collective.
EDUCATIONAL USE CASE 1
Known can be used as your primary blog or website. It supports all the IndieWeb building blocks thus creating a social network out of the open web.
EDUCATIONAL USE CASE 2
Known can be used as a multiuser classroom. DESCRIPTION AND EXAMPLES
- Greg McVerry is a researcher, scholar, and teacher at Southern Connecticut State University. He is an active IndieWeb and Mozilla contributor. Greg is creating an OER network across the globe by encouraging educators and students to own their own domain. uses it as his social stream 
- Greg McVerry is a researcher, scholar, and teacher at Southern Connecticut State University. He is an active IndieWeb and Mozilla contributor. Greg is creating an OER network across the globe by encouraging educators and students to own their own domain. has used the multi user site for classes edu106
How to use it
Known has a full plugin architecture, making use of PHP lazy loading and the observer pattern. This makes it very easy to create new content types or behaviors.
Known is being developed with the rule that "indie" content - internal posts, likes, etc - are bundled as included plugins in the main source code repository. If you want to POSSE to external sites, you need to install those plugins separately (although they may also be included in a downloadable distribution of the content).
Currently, content includes:
* Posts (articles) * Status updates (notes) * Photos (images) * Events (events) * Checkins (places)
Supported webmention annotations include:
* Replies * Likes * Reshares * RSVPs
DESCRIPTION AND LINKS TO RESOURCES
- Learning Management System
- social media sites such as facebook
- Clunky blogging platform with nuisance reminders like Medium
RELATED RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
RELATED PAGES AROUND THE WEB