LibreOffice is an open-source alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite. It is a successor to OpenOffice.org and is maintained by the non-profit The Document Foundation. LibreOffice includes software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. Unlike fellow open-source Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice is capable of saving files in file formats such as .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx, and does not host or recommend proprietary extensions.
LibreOffice can be used as a substitute for proprietary word processing software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
How to use it
- Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Google Office (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
- iWork Office Suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- "Who are We?". LibreOffice.
- "LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice: Making the Write Choice". MakeTechEasier.
- "LibreOffice". Free Software Directory.