LibreOffice is an open-source alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite, developed and maintained by the non-profit The Document Foundation. It includes software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. Unlike fellow open-source OpenOffice, LibreOffice is capable of saving files in file formats such as .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx.
LibreOffice can be used as a substitute for proprietary word processing software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
How to use it
- Microsoft Word Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Google Office (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
- iWork Office Suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- "Who are We?". LibreOffice.
- "LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice: Making the Write Choice". MakeTechEasier.