We love getting to know each other! A lot of our community's work happens through gatherings and edit-a-thons. We practice mutual education among peers, and our events are open to people of all backgrounds, skill sets, and skill levels.
See our Conference Values page for ideas about how to better align edtech gatherings with #EthicalEdtech.
- Edit-a-Thon: Technowomanism with Shamika Goddard (February 2020)
- Edit-a-Thon: Student Privacy Statement with Autumm and Erin (October 24th, 2019)
- Edit-a-Thon: Refusal (September 17, 2019) - the idea of strategic refusal with regard to concerning forms of educational technology
- Edit-a-Thon (August 8, 2019) - the #EthicalEdTech syllabus
- Virtually Connecting at Digital Pedagogy Lab Virtually Connecting is a non-commercial community focused on access and inclusivity in academic conferences - they are focused mostly in the edtech space. The organize informal conversations (not presentations) between those who are at the conference and those who cannot make it. There are 6 sessions available for Digital Pedagogy Lab. Those in the Ethical EdTech community may want to pay particular attention to the Wednesday Aug 7th session at 3:45 ET which is an in-workshop session held at the end of the "Let's Make EdTech Wikipedia Better" onsite edit-a-thon facilitated by Sarah Lohens Watulak. Virtual Buddy for this session is Autumm Caines (User:Autumm)
- Edit-a-Thon (July 29, 2019) - Alternate Ed-Tech Conference List and Values Statement
- Edit-a-Thon (July 25, 2019) - Student voices w/ the Sacramento Food, Ag, Design & Technology Summer Camp
- Edit-a-Thon (July 11, 2019) - Journey Mapping Workshop and kicking off Human-Centered Design effort
- Edit-a-Thon (June 4, 2019) - Focus on data tools with a brief video chat intro, time to explore, and page building
- Edit-a-Thon (May 8, 2019) - Twitter chat focus - Tweet about #EthicalEdTech - responding to our prompts - followed by video call and page building
- Inaugural Edit-a-Thon (April 3, 2019) - Help build Ethical EdTech in unison on April 3, 2019